Sunday, May 2, 2010

Alison Watt



Moving into painting I was intrigued to what kind of works recent painters have done. I was absolutely captivated by Alison Watt's works. Whenever I used to doodle, even if it was just a doodle, I had great troubles with shading. What I think of shading is obviously giving your drawing depth, shadows and just plainly bring it into a 3-D world or to make it look real. Now I struggled with this.. this girl has it down. I have never seen such life like work before. Her sheets etc seem like something so plain, well she makes such a plain concept or focus on her work so
incredibly awesome.



The one above just looks like I could grab it of (even from my computer screen) and take a nap. I think she is incredibly talented and is a bringer of realistic paintings extraordinaire.

I am a computer science major so I enjoy the advancement of technology and as the years roll by I can see how computer design and graphics have soared. Now painting is very different obviously but it is still nice to know by not using technology things like this can still be created. I wish I could have visited her unveiling of her "Sheets," it would have been an experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment