Monday, March 29, 2010

Frieze Art Unveiling

One of the installation exhibits we have seen and talked about in class as of late is the Frieze Art Fair. This is a big to do in England and October 2009 was an exquisite one. Looking through the pictures from the exhibit I cam across this one, which particularly caught my eye:



Going back a ways we discussed how art just cannot be fully appreciated and is not the same at all looking at it 2-dimensionally. Which I have done here and what most people who don't get to shows do, ie. looking at them digitally.

There were many pieces such as this one in the show but this one had people surrounding it and even one or two standing in front of them. Speaking on the thought of not being able to fully appreciate the piece looking at it online, I believe I still somewhat. This snapshot really shows how hard lined and dark the lining is on the piece. It has to be one of the most, real-time cartoon looking piece I have ever come across. What I mean by that it is in real life but is a cartoon cut-out of some sort and looks exactly like it would as if you were watching a high quality, old school cartoon.

This might not make too much sense but it still is just amazing how you can create such a conflicting concept in our physical realm. It looks as though this picture is fake and that figure is a fake inserted in a designing program. It most definitely is not and makes me appreciate it that much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment